Sunday, April 12, 2009

Am I lazy or what? :-)

I've long held the theory that I should never put a TV in my bedroom, out of fear that I would never leave the bed.

But, I've been tempted to buy a bigger screen for the main TV and move the smaller one upstairs. I'm thinking now, that maybe that's not such a good idea. My original theory seems to hold some truth to it.

The culprit is the new laptop. I have a wireless router, so I can be anywhere in the home and get Internet access. I'm sitting in bed right now, tapping away at this blog entry. It's almost 10:00 on a Sunday...and I'm still in bed. And tempted to stay there. Sure, I need to get work done. But, I can do that right where I am. And, when I need to take a break, I've got the Internet to entertain me. I have a Hulu account, so I can even watch TV shows that I've missed (my MacBook has a lovely display!)

So, why leave the comfy bed?? Sure, the thought of being out in the sunshine is appealing, breathing the new-born Spring air. But...it would require me to get out of bed. And it's comfy. I can take naps when I want and then go back to doing work or playing in the Internet.

At the end of the day, it just feels soooo wrong (especially on those days when I don't get dressed until 2:00 pm or later!). And yet....so compelling to indulge.

Here's hoping I find the inspiration to throw back the covers and get out of bed!

No comments: