Wednesday, April 29, 2009

All's quiet on the Western Front

This is the hard part of a job search. When everything goes quiet. You've gone through all the interviews on the calendar. There's nothing else scheduled.

You wait.

You wait to hear if the last interview went well and whether a job offer will be forthcoming.
You wait to hear if a resume submitted to another company was accepted or rejected.
You wait to see if any new job posting will arise that match your skills.
You wait for that recruiter who keeps promising a job is about to open up to tell you that it finally did.

For some reason, I'm thinking that I did not land the job I wanted. The second interview seemed to go well, but I just couldn't tell if they really felt I would meet their needs. I felt more optimistic after the first interview.

Once again, I am so grateful for the work I DO have right now. It's something to focus on, it's income for another 5 weeks or so.

But, what happens then? There are days when I can put the uncertainty in a box and ignore it. Then there are days like today, when the horizon seems empty and all I can do is return to the search and wait for something I can grab and work on.

No comments: