Friday, February 20, 2009

AAA discounts on prescriptions

Who knew that one could get prescription discounts from your AAA membership?

I'm about a week or so away from having my insurance reinstated through COBRA. But I had to renew some prescriptions. I was going to wait, but then I realized that I could use my Flexible Spending Account funds until the end of February, so I went ahead and did the renewal.

The pharmacy, of course, realized that I didn't have insurance under my old plan and called. When I explained the situation, the pharmacist asked if I had a AAA membership. "Why yes, " I said. And it turns out, I ended up with a hefty discount. One prescription went from $181 to 68. The other went from $54 to $30-something. Not bad.

I'll eventually get reimbursed for what I pay now from COBRA, so this will all work out OK.

On the other hand, the job search is dismal. Today is not a good day. Went to a job networking event which just depressed me further. My computer is acting up and the last thing I want to do now is be forced to buy a new machine.

What to do...what to do?

No comments: