I'm grateful for:
- The people who have been willing to support me with introductions and recommendations during my job search. Some of these people don't know me well, but they have been so very kind.
- I bought (and paid cash for) my car a couple of years ago. It's nice, at this time, to know I have a reliable car now.
- I'm sleeping better now. When I first lost my job, I couldn't sleep more than 4 hours a night. I seem to be more accepting of my situation now and am catching up on my sleep.
- I've had a few "nibbles" in response to my job search. So far, no real results, but at least I've had a few phone calls and a couple of interviews. Not bad for a month's worth of work in this environment.
- I am, mostly debt free. Other than my mortgage, I have no outstanding debts. Yes, in the past few years, I could have saved a lot more, but at least I didn't leave beyond my means. And, I suspect, once I'm back to earning a regular income, I doubt I'll go back to my most recent spending habits -- which, while not out of control, were more wasteful than they should have been. Nope, living below my means will be a better way to go.