There's an old saying, "bad luck comes in threes."
Here are three bad things that have happened to me and my extended family in the last couple of months:
1. I lost my job.
2. A niece had a miscarriage.
3. A cousin's mother died from anaphylactic shock (peanut allergy...why would ANYONE put peanuts in a turkey sandwich????? Or was the chef careless and used a utensil that had contact with peanuts?)
If there's any truth to the saying...then maybe, the following things WON'T Happen:
- My sister will *not* lose her job -- instead her company's business will pick up and they'll stay open.
- My sister's significant other will *not* remain unemployed.
- My cousin (whose mother just died) will get a permanent job with her current employer before her contract expires.
- I won't have to go back to collecting unemployment -- instead, I'll find a nice steady job that pays close to my previous salary.
- No one else that I care about will have any other major losses, health issues, or employment problems.
Sigh. One can only hope.
Or, is one required to submit a burnt offering to a higher power?