Saturday, December 26, 2009

laptop addiction! Now I want a netbook!

I'm addicted to my laptop.

I'm going away for a few days and debated whether I should take my laptop with me. I decided it was ridiculous and vaguely insulting to my holiday hosts (although, one of them is always logged in so he probably wouldn't care).

And yet, I'm having a hard time leaving it home. I can check a lot of things on my iPhone, as long as I have wireless access. But, I've become so used to having the laptop there...to write things on the blog, to watch movies or TV shows that I missed. It's become better than having a stuffed animal :-)

Now, a netbook...one of those small, lowcost little computers has suddenly become interesting. They're much smaller and lighter than a regular laptop. And, sufficient to do what I might want while traveling...just a way to access the Internet, email, and other similar stuff.

I think there's a business there...renting out netbooks for travelers. I would have rented one, I think.

Goodbye blog...I'll stop in again on the 31st when I'm back home again.

For anyone who might be reading...Happy New Year!

No comments: