Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Twitter...it's a little scary

Yup, I'm on Twitter (@jgoldstein2 -- follow me if you dare). I know that my new employer is big on using Twitter for business purposes. I decided to set up an account there to get a sense of what it's all about. I started to follow a couple of NASA astronauts (YES, astro_mike and astro_127 twitter from orbit on the Space Shuttle...way cool).

And then, even though I hadn't posted anything, PEOPLE FOUND ME!!!

So, I now have a very small group of followers and feel compelled to post little blurbs. Only, I don't have much to say that isn't mundane (or possibly inane). Made the mistake of mentioning my new company's name in one of my posts. The CTO of the new company found me and is now following me. Ack!

Social Networking, sigh. It's cool and yet...there's something annoying about it. Almost makes me want to go back to old fashioned letter writing. Only, I was never very good about doing that!

No comments: