Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Unneccessary sense of urgency

Sometimes I get into a state of what I call "unnecessary urgency." Not sure where it comes from but if I'm not paying attention, I find myself cramming too many things into a set amount of time. And there's no need for it.

For example, I read an article about a comedy performance that looked like fun. I happened to mention it to a friend of mine who wanted to see it. Despite the fact that the show is running for several weeks and my friend's schedule was quite flexible, I insisted that we go this weekend, which happens to be a busy one for me since I have a two-day class at the glass studio.

There really was no need for that sense "do it now." I could have purchased tickets for next week when there would be no rushing about. Makes me wonder...what am I running from? And why don't I get that sense of urgency when it comes to cleaning the house or getting the dishes out of the sink?

Again, I ask myself -- what am I running from?

No comments: