Thursday, December 4, 2008

Self-improvement

This week has been a nice one for self-improvement. I signed up for a short glass beadmaking glass at my favorite glass studio. The month of December is an "in between" month at the studio. The last session ended in November and the new session will start in January. During December, the studio has a series of short classes.

I did a full session of beadmaking at the end of last year. Since then, I've been working with fused glass. Going back to beadmaking turned out to be surprisingly enjoyable. I'm really looking forward to the next couple of weeks of class. Unfortunately, both beadmaking and fused glass classes run on the same night, so I'll never be able to take both at the same time. But, it's nice to have a choice.

Another self-improvement milestone is finding a local yoga studio that I like. I went with my friend B to a yoga class this week that I really enjoyed. Alright, it could have been a bit more challenging, but overall, I enjoyed it. The instructor has a very nice style -- calm, soothing, and very funny at times. One of my goals for the year was to find a regular yoga class. I think I've found it...finally.

No comments: