Saturday, November 8, 2008

New Switch Plates!


SoWa switchplates!
Originally uploaded by greendragon50
I'm about 3/4 of the way towards replacing all my mundane switch plates with decorative ones. Every time I go to a crafts show, open studio, or arts show, I keep my eyes open for interesting switch plates.

Last month, I went to the South End Open Market in Boston and discovered Theresita Eltz (www.theresitadesign.etsy.com). Theresita paints all types of ceramics -- bowls, plates, and my favorite, switch plates!

She didn't have switch plates at the market, but I selected colors and a pattern from her portfolio and placed my order. I just received these in the mail and I'm thrilled. The picture doesn't really do them justice. The colors are vibrant and the application of the paint gives them a very nice texture.

I will definitely be ordering more products from Theresita. Her work is fantastic!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for your posting! I am so glad that you love your switch plates... I am sure they'll be great in your home. Keep in touch, Theresita