Tuesday, February 2, 2010

When pants get too short...

Weird phenomenon that seems to be happening lately. My pants keep getting too short.

Now, if they were just getting tight, I'd accept the fact that I've been gaining weight (and I have, a bit) and deal with it.

But, it's the LENGTH of the pants that seems to be an issue. All of a sudden. I don't get it. I'm a relatively short person. Although my shoes do tend to have about a 2-inch heel (or more), I'm still short. I don't expect to have to buy pants that are made for taller people. I'm not growing taller!

Lately, though, after a wash or two, the pants are just too short. That is, any new ones that I've purchased. The older ones are maintaining their length. The dryer is old but honestly, could it suddenly be shrinking all my clothes? Mind you, so far, it seems to be just pants that are affected. Shirts seem to be maintaining their size as well.

Could it be the clothing manufacturers doing something with cheaper fabrics to keep costs down? I hate that they've adjusted the sizes so that I feel like I'm buying ridiculously small sizes that I haven't worn since I was very young (yeah, I lost a bit of weight a couple of years ago, but not THAT much to warrant the tiny sizes that fit me now).

Or, maybe the manufacturers are making pants that are shorter and I'm not noticing it? Whatever the case, I feel like I need to buy the long versions of pants, now.

2 comments:

Bethami said...

Yes about the dryer and yes about cheap quality clothing. My guess at least. Same things been happening to me, as well as little pinholes appearing now and then that tell me that gap is going downhill...
:(..

greendragon said...

Well, at least it's not my imagination! I was beginning to wonder...