Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Facebook? and social networking

OK, I just joined Facebook. For business reasons.

No, really...I'm not kidding. I'm on a committee for the new corporate intranet. The consultants sent us a Facebook link to an intranet group that's on Facebook.

I feel sad...my account says I have 0 friends. And I don't have a good picture. And, there are other people from work on Facebook! How weird...I guess Facebook isn't just for kids anymore.

I belong to LinkedIn and Plaxo. I still have no clue what to do with these social networks. There's something curious about putting all sorts of personal information on line that people can see. My 85 year-old father is baffled about this. "Why," he says, "Why would anyone put all that personal information out there for strangers to see?"

I dunno. But it does seem to be intriguing.

Task for this week...find a good picture for online! The social networking world may be a but perplexing to me, but I think I want to be a part of it!

No comments: