Sunday, February 24, 2008

The FourAgreements - Favorite Quotes

There are lots of statements in my Four Agreements book that caught my attention. I'm posting some of them:

"Avoid using the word to speak against yourself or to gossip about others." (First Agreement - Be Impeccable with your word)

"If I love myself I will express that love in my interactions with you, and then I am being impeccable with the word, because that action will produce a like reaction." (First Agreement)

"If someone is not treating you with love and respect, it is a gift if they walk away from you." (Second Agreement - Don't Take Anything Personally)

"Your point of view is something personal to you. It is no one's truth but yours. Then, if you get mad at me, I know you are dealing with yourself." (Second Agreement)

"If others say one thing, but do another, you are lying to yourself if you don't listen to their actions. But if you are truthful with yourself, you will save yourself a lot of emotional pain."(Second Agreement)

"All the sadness and drama you have lived in your life was rooted in making assumptions and taking things personally." (Third Agreement - Don't Make Assumptions)

"We make all sorts of assumptions because we don't have the courage to ask questions." (Third Agreement)

"The way to keep yourself from making assumptions is to ask questions. Make sure the communication is clear. If you don't understand, ask." (Third Agreement)

"When you do your best you learn to accept yourself." (Fourth Agreement - Always Do Your Best)

"If you have done your best and the Judge tries to judge you according to your Book of Laws, you've got the answer:"I did my best." There are no regrets." (Fourth Agreement)

No comments: